One Layer Away: A recording of an online class orginally held via Facebook Live on July 25, 2020
To make things work smoothly, please read the following:
--In order for me to recognize you so that I can approve you for the group, you must include your FB name in the "Order Comments" section that you will see at the bottom of the checkout page as you continue through the registration process.
--Once you have registered, you need to request an invitation to become a member of the Facebook group in which the class is held. Click here to be taken to the group or search in FB for One Layer Away July 25 and ask to join.
Join me for a one-session, two-hour online class all about the layers. I will guide you through the process of creating mixed media backgrounds with depth, dimension and detail. In this workshop we will be building up a surface, layer by layer, with supplies and techniques both traditional and innovative. This class is designed to help you embrace an approach to creativity that is all about freedom, working without a plan and letting the layers be your guide. We will discuss strategies to help you start a piece, make choices along the way, and know when you are done. Topics such as composition, color selection, and mark making will be touched on. All in a fun-filled, jam-packed, whirlwind 120 minutes during which you will always be only one layer away from magic.
The supply list can be found at the end of this description.
- The class takes place in a private Facebook Group that only includes paid attendees.
- You need to have a Facebook account to be able to participate.
- You can register at any time but will only have access to the class after I approve your group membership.
- The group will remain open so that you can go back and watch the video as often as you like.
- Consider the group your community, where you can ask questions and post pictures of your project.
- Attendance at the workshop costs $25USD. Payment is accepted via PayPal only. Your PayPal receipt is considered confirmation that you registered.
- There will be no refunds.
- Once you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access a downloadable and printable PDF which includes the same info that you are reading now. (It is also stored in the Files section of your account page in my shop). You will need to click on the appropriate link in the email and you will be directed to the PDF if you already have an account on my site or directed to set up an account if you are new to my site.
The Supply List:
This class was designed to focus primarily on basic supplies that most of you are likely to already have but if you are missing something, feel free to substitute. You will need to have the listed supplies ready at the start of the Live workshop if you want to follow along.
-At least 3 sheets of heavyweight watercolor paper (140lb/300g) in your choice of size. I will be demoing on an 8x8 inch square.
-Fluid acrylic paint in your favorite colors
-Ink pads (dye ink – such as Ranger Distress - and permanent – such as StazOn)
-Paint brushes (Please note that the layers I create are best achieved using inexpensive chip brushes in both ½ and 1inch sizes. Google “chip brushes” if this is unclear.)
-Craft mat or paint palette
-Unmounted background/mark making stamps
-Mark Makers (I will be using Signo Uniball white gel pens, Marabu Art Crayons and Stabilo All pencils in assorted colors – but anything you have will work)
-I will be using textured wallpaper but you can substitute any embossed or textured paper or material.