Join me for WET MEDIA: 1 of the 12 classes taking place as part of Mixed Media Mechanics - a once-monthly, year-long, online workshop series.
Mixed Media Mechanics is a series of 12 2-hour workshops that focus on many of the techniques that are the basis for mixed media art. Think of these classes as back to basics - although they are geared equally toward beginners and seasoned pros.
The Wet Media class was held Live on Tuesday April 4, 2023. This is an edited and recorded version. In the first part of this workshop, I take you through the basics of four types of wet media: gesso, acrylic paint, ink, and watercolor. I share the ins & outs and the products rules - so that you can be better at breaking them. Participatory demos along the way introduce you to both traditonal and unique ways of using these supplies. I then loosely guide you through creating an artwork - your way - using the different products and techniques shared. I also introduce you to some specialty items that are among my favorite to use.
- The workshop is hosted on YouTube.
- The class includes about 1 hour and 39 minutes of instruction, broken down into 2 videos.
- Please note that this is a recording of a live online class and, as such, there may be references to questions asked and comments made by participants.
- Cost of the workshop is $35USD via PayPal only. Your PayPal receipt is considered confirmation that you registered.
- There are no refunds once registered.
- Once you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access a downloadable and printable PDF which includes the supply list - also listed below. You will also receive a second email (from Janene Kalb and usually within 24 hours of registering) that includes the same PDF in the form of an email attachment (much easier) as well as instructions on how to access the workshop.
If you would like to work along with me, please have the following on hand. But please know that you can feel free to substitute if you do not have exactly what is on the list.
Wet Media: Break out any or all of the following: black and white gesso, acrylic paint, dye and/or pigment inks (sprays and/or bottled), and watercolor paint.
Tools: Paint brushes, palette knife, brayer, craft (or makeup) sponges, gel plate, water container, palette, or craft mat, rubber stamps & acrylic block, and stencils.
Surface: We will be working on watercolor paper. Any kind will do but I will be using 140lb paper. You will need sheets to work along with the demos and for the layered artwork. I will be working small (around 5 x 5 and 6 x 6 inches). You might simply want to have a stack on hand to cut as needed.
I also discuss water brushes, pipettes, and a few other supplies but you do not need to have these on hand.