TOOLS & SUPPLIES
Get out your tools and join me for TOOLS & SUPPLIES: 1 of the 12 classes taking place as part of Mixed Media Mechanics - a once-monthly, year-long, online workshop series.
Mixed Media Mechanics is a series of 12 2-hour workshops that focus on many of the techniques that are the basis for mixed media art. Think of these classes as back to basics - although they are geared equally toward beginners and seasoned pros.
The Tools & Supplies class was held Live on Tuesday March 7, 2023. This is an edited and recorded version.You cannot be a mechanic without a tool kit and this class focuses on a review and demonstration of both standard and more unusual tools and supplies used in mixed media. This class is a bit different from all the others as there is no supply list. Unless you count paper + pencil or your computer if you want to take notes.
You will be sitting back and relaxing while I spend the time introducing, reviewing, and/or demoing my favorite tools and supplies for mixed media. I will be sharing company information, technical details, technique and process tips, and more as I take you on a tour of some of the basic and advanced supplies used for mixed media.
- The workshop is hosted on YouTube.
- The class includes just over 1 hour and 35 minutes of instruction, broken down into 2 videos.
- Please note that this is a recording of a live online class and, as such, there may be references to questions asked and comments made by participants.
- Cost of the workshop is $35USD via PayPal only. Your PayPal receipt is considered confirmation that you registered.
- There are no refunds once registered.
- Once you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with instructions on how to access a downloadable and printable PDF which includes the supply list - also listed below. You will also receive a second email (from Janene Kalb and usually within 24 hours of registering) that includes the same PDF in the form of an email attachment (much easier) as well as instructions on how to access the workshop.
The Full Curriculum
February 7, 2023: Book Arts. We will make a book with a sewn binding that can be used as a journal throughout the workshop series so you end up with a literal Mixed Media Mechanics manual to refer back to following the classes.
March 7, 2023: Tool & Supplies. You cannot be a mechanic without a tool kit and this class focuses on a review and demonstration of both standard and more unusual tools and supplies used in mixed media.
April 4, 2023: Wet Media. Everything you ever wanted to know about all the wet stuff in your mixed media work.
May 2, 2023: Gel Plate. Basic and advanced techniques to broaden your approach when using this magical tool.
June 6, 2023: Stencils. Getting the most out of stencils and masks in both traditional and innovative ways.
July 11, 2023: Stamps. All things stamping including a review of inkpad types and unusual mediums that also work.
August 1, 2023: Mark Making. A key tool to make your mixed media art your own, learn how to let loose and create your own mark making language.
September 5, 2023: Image Transfers. Learn multiple approaches to create the magic that is the image transfer.
October 3, 2023: Fiber & Stitching. Integrating fiber elements and hand stitching into your paper-based mixed media art.
November 7, 2023: Rusting & Dyeing. Easy approaches to creating surface changes using commercial products.
December 5, 2023: Embossing. Adding layers and texture to your mixed media art using embossing powders.
January 2, 2024: Collage. Using paper, fiber, metal and more to bring depth, texture, layers, details, and interest to your work.
And stay tuned for Mixing Media: a weekend-long, online workshop event in 2024 that will enable you to put into action all the skills from Mixed Media Mechanics!