Join me for GEL PLATE - an online, recorded workshop housed on YouTube and 1 of the 12 classes taking place as part of Mixed Media Mechanics - a once-monthly, year-long, online workshop series.
Mixed Media Mechanics is a series of 12 2-hour workshops that focus on many of the techniques that are the basis for mixed media art. Think of these classes as back to basics - although they are geared equally toward beginners and seasoned pros.
The Gel Plate class was held Live on Tuesday May 2, 2023. This is an edited and recorded version. It starts with a Top 10 list of tips and tricks to use when using the gel plate. We then go through a series of techniques using the Gel Plate broken down my medium - acrylic paint, dye ink spray, dye and solvent ink pads, and watercolor paint. We also use stencils, stamps, and other tools along the way. I then loosely guide you through creating an artwork - your way - using the different products and techniques shared.
- The workshop is hosted on YouTube.
- The class includes about 1 hour and 43 minutes of instruction, broken down into 2 videos.
- Please note that this is a recording of a live online class and, as such, there may be references to questions asked and comments made by participants.
- Cost of the workshop is $35USD via PayPal only. Your PayPal receipt is considered confirmation that you registered.
- There are no refunds once registered.
- Once you complete your purchase, you will receive an email with a downloadable and printable PDF which includes the supply list - also listed below. You will also receive a second email (from Janene Kalb and usually within 24 hours of registering) that includes the same PDF in the form of an email attachment as well as instructions on how to access the workshop.
If you would like to work along with me, please have the following on hand. But please know that you can feel free to substitute if you do not have exactly what is on the list.
Gel Plate (I use a 6 x 6 inch plate from Gelli Arts but you can use whatever size and brand you have/prefer)
Substrate: have a variety of papers to use (your choice of watercolor, book pages, printer, scrapbook/decorative, deli paper, cardstock, etc.) with dimensions based on the size of your gel plate
Ink Pads - both dye-based (such as Distress) or Permanent (such as Stazon or Archival)
Baby Wipes and/or Paper Towel/Clean-Up Cloth